NSIC Registration Online - Single Point Registration Scheme (SPRS)
NSIC stands for National Small Industries Corporation. NSIC is a Government of India undertaking under Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
As the government is the single largest buyer of a variety of goods and in order to increase the share of purchases from the small scale sector, the government launched Stores Purchase Programme in 1955-56. NSIC registers Micro & Small Enterprises (MSEs) under Single Point Registration Scheme (SPRS) to allow these enterprises to participate in Government Purchase Programme.
What are the eligibility criteria for registration under this scheme?
All Micro and Small Entities which are:
- Registered with the Director of Industries; or
- Registered with District Industries Centres
- All Micro and Small Enterprises having Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM)
- Micro and Small Enterprises which are in existence for less than 1 year and have already commenced their commercial production. Then provisional registration certificate can be granted under SPRS to such enterprises with monetary limit of Rs 5 Lakhs which shall be valid for the period of 1 year.
What are the benefits of NSIC registration?
The units which are registered under SPRS of NSIC are eligible to get the following benefits:
- Exemption from payment of Earnest Money Deposit (EMD).
- Issue of the tender sets free of costs.
- MSEs participating in tender and quoting price within price band of L1 + 15% shall also be permitted to supply upto 20% of requirement by bringing down their price to L1 price (L1 is non MSEs).
- Every Central Ministries/Departments/PSUs shall purchase minimum 20% of total annual purchase of goods or services produced or provided by MSEs. And in addition to this 4% is earmarked for units owned by Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes.
- 358 items are specifically reserved for exclusive purchase from SSI sector.
What is the registration process?
For obtaining registration under this scheme, enterprise can either apply online (on www.nsicspronline.com) or can apply by submitting an application at one of the NSIC offices along with the requisite fees.
Once the application got submitted, the NSIC shall forward the application to zonal/branch or sub- branch office which is nearest to the applicant in order to complete technical inspection of the unit and forwarding of recommendation for NSIC registration. After receiving inspection report, NSIC shall grant registration certificate to the MSME unit.
What are the documents required for registration?
- Copy of acknowledgement of MSME registration.
- Self- attested ownership documents.
- Declaration of the proprietor/director that they do not have any connection with the large-scale unit(s).
- Details of plant & machinery regarding date of purchase, original value of the asset etc.
- List of finished goods and raw material in stock.
- Partnership deed/ certificate of incorporation.
- Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Account for the last 3 year duly signed by the authorised person.
- Statement showing result of operations for the last 3 years duly signed by CA under his seal.
- Banker’s report giving details of financial status of the applicant.
- Audited financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, and Trading Account).
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of latest electricity bill.
- Items for which registration is required.
- Write-up on quality control measures adopted by the firm.
- List of quality control equipment available in factory.
- List of places or cities where the services shall be available.
What is the validity period of registration?
The registration certificate granted to MSEs under SPRS shall be valid for 2 years. The renewal of registration certificate is required after every 2 years by verifying continuous Commercial and Technical Competence of the registered MSEs in manufacturing the stores for which registration was granted.
However, MSEs which are in existence for less than 1 year and have already commenced their commercial production. Then provisional registration certificate can be granted under SPRS to such enterprises with monitory limit of Rs 5 Lakhs which shall be valid for the period of 1 year.
We have a team of professionals who can assist you in solving your queries. If you have any query then kindly post here or you can also drop your query at firstname.lastname@example.org