(TM) in India
- - Filing of trademark in one day.
- - Completely online - No physical presence required.
- - Protect your brand, logo anywhere in India.
Trademark Registration In India
Know what is a trademark? and how it is registered?
What is a Trademark?
A Trademark is something which denotes your brand, your company.It is a unique mark or a word which ultimately becomes the identity of your company. E.g. PAYTM, Coke, Pepsi, Reliance, there are all examples of the famous brands.
How to register Trademark in India?
Trademark registration in India is a long process and almost takes 8 to 10 months to get registered. However, you can use TM after trademark filing.which is filed in a day by us. Here are three basic steps:
# Search the trademark: The first step is to search the trademark as per the appropriate checks in a particular class. There are 45 classes and each reflect some different business. Therefore, searching the trademark availability in a particular class is the first step.
# Prepare application & File: Once trademark is checked properly, the next step is to prepare the trademark application and then file the same to the department. Once filed, you can use the TM on your logo, brand or word.
# Proper follow up: After trademark filing, you should keep a proper follow check on the trademark so that your trademark does not become abundant.
Know the basics
Learn the basics about Trademark Registration & its Significance
Get all information by email
Information sent to your email !
See what our customer has to say about Hubco.in
Use TM in a day, download Trademark Guide
Thank You!!! Guide has been sent to Your Email Id.
FAQs onin India
A registered trademark is valid for 10 years and need renewal after that. The trademark renewal fee is Rs.5000. Further, in case trademark renewal is filed after expiry but within 6 months after expiry, then fees may also carry late fee charges.
Trademark classification works according to the product and services you are offering. If you are into clothing business, you need to register trademark under class 25, if you are into legal services, you need to register the trademark under class 45. This is how the trademark classes work.
Hence, if you need to register a trademark, you shall have to select the most appropriate class.
Under Trademark regime, every person who owns the trademark is known as proprietor even the companies, firms etc. and hence it should not be confused as a sole proprietor. Yes, companies are also known as proprietor under trademark.
The procedure for e-filling of trademark application is as follows:
- Choose the specific name to be trademarked.
- Select the appropriate class as per your line of business.
- Fill the form TM 1 and issue the Power of attorney.
- File the form online via attorney.
- Keep a regular update, as total registration time if 2 to 2.5 years.
Brand name registration and logo name registration is same as Trademark registration. Hence, if you want to register brand and the logo in India, you need to follow the trademark registration process in India.
The cost of brand and logo registration is same as Trademark registration which amounts to Rs.4000 per brand per class.
Searching and checking the brand name is an important task for brand registration in India. Brand registration is another name for trademark registration. Hence, if you want to check the brand name availability, then you shall have to check whether trademark is registered on not with the same name.
The total government charges for trademark registration is Rs.4200/- per class. Rs.4000 is the government fees, Rs.200 is the attorney charges. Further, in case you want to file trademark in different classes, the fees shall increase with every class.
There are 45 trademark classes under trademark law. There classes are divided on the basis of product or services you offer. We shall discuss some famous trademark classes here:
- Trademark Class 35: The class 35 covers the Advertising; Business management; Business administration; Office functions under its ambit.
- Trademark Class 9: The class 9 of the trademark covers Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking [supervision], life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; Apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; Apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; Magnetic data carriers, recording discs; Compact discs, dvds and other digital recording media; Mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; Cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment, computers; Computer software; Fire-extinguishing apparatus under its ambit.
- Trademark class 45: The class 45 of the trademark covers Legal services; Security services for the physical protection of tangible property and individuals;; Personal and social services rendered by others to meet the needs of individuals.
- Trademark class 42: Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto; Industrial analysis and research services; Design and development of computer hardware and software.
There are no conditions to register the trademark in India. However, you should keep in mind the following:
- Trademark applied must be original, you should not copy and apply, it shall amount to infringement and you may be liable for legal damages.
- You should keep a close watch at your industry to ascertain whether anyone else is using your logo or trademark to deceive your potential customers.
Trademark registration is very simple with hubco.in. You just need to fill two documents and share the scan copy after signature. The requirement for two documents is uniform for all forms of business whether, private limited company, LLP, partnership, proprietorship or Nidhi Company etc.
Yes, the trademark registration process is completely online and faster than the offline mode. Hence, if you are planning to file the trademark, file it online.
Brand registration and trademark registration is one and the same thing. They are used interchangeably. Anything words which is used to name your business is brand. E.g. Mark Zuckerberg, founder of facebook, used the word “facebook” to name their business. Similar, TATA, reliance, Apple, Nokia, Microsoft are all names of the business which are also a famous registered trademark.
Hence, it is recommended to register your brand as a trademark, as it helps you to establish a unique name in your market and will prove to be a asset in the longer run.
Logo registration means when you are applying for the trademark on your logo. E.g. famous sign of Apple, Nike are all logos which are registered. Logo registration is mandatory in case you want to protect it from any unauthorised use in India.
Wordmark, on the other hand, is the protection of the brand name itself. E.g. Louis Phillipe, Park Avenue, Apple, etc. Hence, logo and wordmark are two different things.
|Example of Logo||Example of Wordmark|
Apple, Nike (When only words are applied as trademark)
The procedure to register trademark is very simple. We have outlined the simple points for you to understand the basic procedure for trademark registration in India:
- Assign Word, logo which is to be trademark.
- Choose the appropriate class as per your line of business.
- Fill two basic documents received from our side.
- Make the payment and its done.
- We shall file the trademark on the same day.
The total trademark registration time takes around 2 years.
No checklist is required for trademark registration. Trademark registration procedure has been made so simple by hubco.in. You just need to fill 2 documents and send the scan copy back to us and we shall file your trademark in India.
Brand name registration is same as registering a trademark. The trademark filing takes only a day, however the whole registration process takes around 2 years to register. Once you have filed the trademark, you can useTM
Trademark classes depend upon the line of your business, products you are selling. You may follow the below steps to choose your appropriate class:
- Understand your product line.
- Choose the appropriate class in consonance of your business activity.
- Verify whether any other trademark class would be applicable or not
- Finalize the classes and proceed to the registration.
There are forty five trademark classes in India which is in par with the world. Each and every class denotes some specific goods and services. For example, if you are into legal business, your appropriate class would be 45. Hence, analysis of trademark classes is an important part of trademark registration.
No, Trademark registration in Delhi is same as in the rest of India. Rather trademark is central act and hence is uniformly applied all over India. Further, trademarks are applied online now a days and hubco.in is brand in making for the trademark registration.
There are various private websites running which offers the services of trademark search on their website. However, you should not trust any website other than the official website of Trademark department. The link for trademark public search is here: TRADEMARK PUBLIC SEARCH.
Before trademark search on your own, keep in mind the following things:
- Trademark search happens according to the class, hence choose the appropriate class.
- Trademark search is done in three types and hence beware and do it properly.
Further, Hubco.in provides the extensive trademark search for free. You just need to submit the details and we will let you know whether your trademark is available or not.
There are many number of sites which provides the trademark details. However, one should not trust any website other than the official website of the trademark department. To check the trademark status online, click on the link: Check TM Status and follow the following steps:
- After clicking on the link, click on trademarks Indexes.
- After that, type the trademark name and select the appropriate class.
Enter the Captha code and the trademark details will be on your computer