- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Registration Opens: How to enroll under GST System Portal after getting Provisional ID and password?
Registration Opens: How to enroll under GST System Portal after getting Provisional ID and password?
If you are an existing taxpayer registered under Excise, Service Tax and State Tax Laws such as VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax, then you will need to enroll for GST online. There will be a limited time for it. So doesn’t be a watch dog otherwise you may miss the bus.
The Process for enrollment under GST registration after getting the provisional ID and password from the department is as follows:
Documents Required: To complete the registration procedure, you must have the following information available with you:
- Provisional ID as explained in point 2.
- Password as explained in Point 2.
- Valid email Address (it should not be off professional – Use your own email ID)
- Valid Mobile Number
- Bank Account number
- IFSC code
Further, please also carry the following documents which are needs to be uploaded on the website;
- Proof of constitution of Business:
- In case of Partnership deed – Partnership deed (PDF or JPEG in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- In case of others: Registration Certification of the business entity (PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of Promoters/Partners/Karta of HUF (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Proof of appointment of authorised signatory (PDF and JPEG format in maximum size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of Authorised Signatory (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Opening page of passbook/Statement containing the following information:
- Bank account number
- Address of branch
- Address of account holder
- Few transaction details
(PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
#Step 1 - Create Username and Password: All existing taxpayers and VAT dealers will be given a provisional ID and a password. You first need to create your username and password using this provisional ID and password at the GST Common Portal www.gst.gov.in.
To start the process, you need to do the following
1. Go to www.gst.gov.in.
2. Click on NEW USER LOGIN button.
#Step 2: The Declaration page is displayed. Select the checkbox for declaration and click the CONTINUE button.
#Step 3: After clicking on continue, the Login page is displayed.
- In the Provisional ID field, type the username that you received in the email, SMS or any other communication received from the State VAT Department.
- In the Password field, type the password that you received.
- In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, type the captcha text as shown in the screen. At last, click on the LOGIN button.
#Step 4: Once you login, The Provisional ID Verification page is displayed. After that, you need to fill the required details.
- In the Email Address field, enter your email address.
- In the Mobile Number field, enter your valid Indian mobile number.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
There are two Onetime Password (OTPs) which will be sent on your email address and mobile number you just mentioned. Both OTPs are required for the verification.
- Enter your own email address and mobile number if you are the Primary Authorized Signatory. All future correspondences from the GST Common Portal will be sent on this registered email address and mobile number only.
- Email address and mobile number cannot be changed till 01/04/2017.
- Any change in the registered email address and mobile number can be done through the amendment process after 01/04/2017 as specified in the GST Act.
#Step 5: Once you are verified with the OTP, the new credentials page is displayed. You can fill the personal details and secure the login. After that click on continue button.
#Step 6: After setting the password, The Security Questions page is displayed. For each security question, enter the answers and click on submit button.
Note: There are five questions on this page. It is mandatory to enter answers to all the security questions. Be careful when answering the security questions.
#Step 7: Once you complete aforesaid process, and loging into your account, the welcome page will be displayed:
Your Dashboard is displayed.
Note: Enrolment application can be filled only in English language. You can save and retrieve the application later. All the fields marked with red dot are mandatory to be filled.
Alternatively, you can the click the Dashboard > Provisional ID Enrolment command to access the Enrolment Application.
#Step 8: Once you click on the provisional ID enrollment, the eight tabs as Business Details, Promoter/ Partners, Authorized Signatory, Principal Place of Business, Additional Place of Business, Goods & Services, Bank Accounts and Verification. Click each tab to enter the details.
#Step 9: The business Details: The Business Details tab is selected by default. This tab displays the information to be filled for the business details required for enrolment.
Note: Following details are autopopulated in the enrolment application based on your existing data in VAT system but you cannot edit these details:
- Legal Name of Business (as per PAN)
- Legal Name of Business (as per current tax Act)
- PAN of the Business
The Trade Name is prepopulated but you can edit the same.
- In the Trade Name field, enter the trade name of your business.
- In the Constitution of Business dropdown list, select the type of constitution of your business.
- In the Ward/Circle/Sector No. dropdown list, select the Ward/ Circle/ Sector number of your business.
- Under the Please indicate existing registration section, in the Registration Type dropdown list, select the appropriate registration type.
- In the Registration No. field, enter the registration number
- Select the Date of Registration using the calendar.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Document Upload section, in the Proof of Constitution of Business dropdown list, select the appropriate document to be uploaded.
- Click the Choose File button. Navigate and select the document.
- Click the SAVE & CONTINUE button.
#Step 10: The Promoter/Partners details: This tab page displays the details of the stakeholders chosen in the Constitution of Business detail. The details are as follows
After filling the above information, click on save and continue button. Further in case the stakeholder whose details are entered is also the authorized signatory, select the Also authorized Signatory option. You will need to fill the similar details for the same.
Once you finish this task then we can proceed to another tab.
#Step 11: Principal place of Business: This tab page displays the details of the principal place of business.
Once you finish the information, click on SAVE AND CONTINUE BUTTON. Then we can proceed on to next step. You can also add the additional place of business in the same manner above.
#Step 12: Goods and Services: This tab page displays the details of the goods and services supplied by the business.
The details can be filled as follows:
- In case of Goods
- In the Search HSN Chapter by Name or Code field, enter the name or the HSN Code of the goods supplied by the business. Alternatively, you can also enter the HSN Code in the Search HSN Code field.
- Click the SAVE & CONTINUE button.
- In case of Services
- In the Search by Name or Code field, enter the name or the SAC Code of the services supplied by the business.
- Click the SAVE & CONTINUE button.
Once you are finished with this TAB, we can now proceed to next.
#Step 13: Bank Account: This tab page displays the details of the bank accounts maintained for conducting business.
Once you fill all the relevant details, then you can proceed to the next step for verification.
#Step 14: Verification: This tab page displays the details of the verification for authentication of the details submitted in the form.
Once you fill all the information, you need to sign the application using the digital signature certificates. However, make sure that your DSC must be registered.
#Step 15: Submission: Once you sign the application and submit the same, then the success message is displayed. You will receive the acknowledgement in next 15 minutes on your registered email address and mobile number. Application Reference Number (ARN) receipt is sent on your email address and mobile number.
The article has been written for your convenience. In case you still, find any problem, you can contact us for GST registration in India.