- Import Export
- What is Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)? And How to apply for RCMC certificate?
What is Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)? And How to apply for RCMC certificate?
RCMC (Registration Cum Membership Certificate) is a membership certificate issued for 5 years by Export Promotional Councils or commodity board of India. This certificate is issued as a proof that any particular exporter is registered with the council.
FOR WHOM RCMC IS MANDATORY
Any person applying for:
- An authorization to import/export restricted items or
- Any person applying for any benefit or concession under Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) like duty drawback, duty credit scrips etc.
Certificate of Registration as an Exporter of Spices (CRES) issued by Spices Board shall be treated as RCMC and no other RCMC is to be applied with any other Export Promotional Councils (EPC).
HOW TO APPLY
An application with the concerned Export Promotional Council (EPC) will be filed using the form ANF 2C. The exporter can be registered under two categories; Merchant exporter and Manufacturing Exporter.
If you choose the option of manufacturing exporter, then you will have to submit proof of that.
Further, following points may be useful to you in regard to RCMC registration:
- While applying for RCMC, an exporter has to declare his main line of business. Further, the RCMC should be obtained from the Export Promotional Council, based on the line of business. e.g. In case you are dealing in coconut, then you will fall under Coconut Development Board.
- In case you are not covered by any mentioned export promotional council, then you may apply at FIEO (Federation of Indian Exporters Organisation).
- Further, in case of multi-product exporters, not registered with any EPC, or where line of business is yet to be settled, then the exporter shall has an option to obtain RCMC from FIEO.
- In the case of multi-product exporters having their head office/ registered office in north-eastern states, RCMC may be obtained from Shellac and Forest Products Export Promotional Council (except for the product looked after by APEDA, Spices Board and Tea board).
- In case of exporters of handicrafts and handloom products from the state of Jammu and Kashmir is authorised to issue Registration Cum Membership Certificates (RCMC)
UNDER WHICH EXPORT PROMOTIONAL COUNCIL (EPC) WE HAVE TO REGISTER?
There are 26 Export promotion councils and 9 commodities board in India. Export Promotional Councils (EPC) and Commodities board in India are the authorities for issuing the RCMC. These institutions have been authorised by Central Government to issue RCMC to the particular exporter.
Each of the Export promotion Councils and commodities board in India categories itself according to the type of products. Further, in case the product line of exporter does not fall under the category, then he might apply for RCMC from FIEO.
Know more about list of Export promotional Councils and Commodities board in India
COMPLIANCE UNDER RCMC
Every exporter shall furnish quarterly return/details of his exports of different commodities to concerned registering authority.
In case exporter is registered with FIEO, then he shall also send quarterly returns to FIEO in the specified format.
INTIMATION OF CHANGE IN CONSTITUTION OF BUSINESS OF RCMC HOLDER
In case there is the change in ownership, constitution, name or address of any exporter, the exporter shall intimate that change to the concerned registering authority within one month of the change.
PENALTY FOR VIOLATION
The Export Promotional Council may de-register the exporter for a specified period for violation of conditions of registration.
In case of any query regarding RCMC registration, you may contact us.